Preparing for your shoot…
First – check out the Blush Boudoir Gallery Page for endless inspiration. You will learn how other women have embraced their femininity, beauty and innate sexiness before the camera. You may also find some stunning boudoir looks on a simple google search. You may want to borrow for your special boudoir session. Create your own Pinterest board and start pinning your ideas – and feel free to share with us so that we can get a feel for the vibe you’re going for.
Here are some other tips for finding looks that will enhance the wonderfulness, sensuality and natural prettiness of you during your shoot:
- Visualize the clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props you will want to wear for your shoot. Flip through your favorite fashion magazines to discover ways to pair colors, fabrics and styles for easy runway glamour.
- Shop your closet for the items you instinctively select when you want to feel (and look) your very best. Let your imagination roam!
- Grab a style-savvy and fun-loving friend and hit women’s fashion boutiques to hunt down an ensemble that not only flatters your figure, but also makes you feel comfortable, unquestionably beautiful and relaxed.
- Pick out lingerie that highlights your every lovely curve, but please remember sometimes a tight T-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier. Let your own personality shine through.
- Bring something meaningful to you or your significant other; this serves as a great way to personalize your shoot. It may be lingerie your husband gave you on your first anniversary, for instance, or a vintage charm bracelet you found on a scouting expedition while on vacation. One of our clients creatively chose to pose with her artwork for a truly one-of-a-kind statement.
Five Days Before Your Shoot…
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
The Day Before Your Shoot…
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
The Day of Your Shoot…
- Use clear deodorant please.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturized face and CLEAN HAIR (important!).
- Have your final payment ready (check, credit card, or cash).
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a wee bit nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands. We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.
Relax, have fun and prepare to feel transformed!